The French Multi-organization thematic Institute “Cell biology, development and evolution” (ITMO BCDE), the French Society for Cell Biology (SBCF), and the French Society of Developmental Biology (SFBD) are pleased to announce the meeting “Developmental and Cell Biology of the future”. Wishing to open up in an original way a reflection on the future orientations of biology research, the ITMO BCDE, SBCF and SFBD have entrusted the scientific organization of the congress to eleven selected young researchers (between their 2nd year of thesis and ten years after it).
This meeting will cover the most recent advances in key aspects of developmental and cell biology.
The main aim of the meeting is to gather accomplished researchers and the next scientists' generation to discuss and define tomorrow's key aspects of developmental and cell biology.
The desire of the organizers is to carry out an open discussion to stimulate innovation and improve transversality and ethic. On this spirit, the meeting will dedicate a major session to discuss about “The Future of Cell and Developmental Biology”, including several board members of the SBCF and SFBD.
Scientific Organizing Committee:
- Irene Aksoy, Stem Cell and Brain Research Institute, Lyon
- Amandine Bery, Imagine Institute, Paris
- Jessica Bouvière, NeuroMyoGene Institute, Lyon
- Claudio Cortes, Stefan Harmansa and Ali Hashmi, Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille
- Mandela Prünster and Géraldine Williaume, Developmental Biology Laboratory, Villefranche-sur-Mer
- Patricia Rojas, Institute of Human Genetics, Montpellier
- Alice Rouan, Institute for Research on Cancer and Aging of Nice
- Ralitza Staneva, Institut Curie, Paris
Aviesan and Societies Representatives:
- Thierry Galli and Hervé Moreau, ITMO BCDE Directors
- Anne Blangy, President of SBCF – Marie-Hélène Verlhac, Vice-President of SBCF
- Patrick Lemaire, President of SFBD – Laure Bally-Cuif, Board of directors of SFBD
The meeting will include the following topics:
- Environmental Impact on Development and Evolution
- Single Cell Omics: a revolution for development and evolution
- Epigenomics and Genome Expression
- Stem cells biology and organoids
- Live-imaging and Image Processing
Keynote speakers: Carien NIESSEN (Germany), Jérôme GROS (France)
Vincent DEBAT (France), Heather MARLOW (France), Orly REINER (Israël), Henrik JÖNSSON (England), François SPITZ (France), Sara WICKSTRÖM (Finland).
The meeting will take place in the Biopark Auditorium located in Paris 13. The meeting will take place on March 27-28th 2019
Download the program (will be available soon)
A poster session will be organized from which few short talks will be selected for oral presentation.
Registration is free of charge but mandatory on the website